JChin's Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you feed?

+2
Jacquie
Me and Star
6 posters

Go down

what do you feed? Empty what do you feed?

Post by maryj Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 am

I was wondering what some of you feed your dogs === I changed to Fromm several months ago and am pretty happy --- Mr. Peanuts had lost most of his coat due to a groomer shaving him too close to his skin -- after switching to Fromm his hair grew back!! and he was bald close to 5 years... In my opinion it is one of the best dry food.. I also give canned -- either fromm, halo or merrick...

maryj

Back to top Go down

what do you feed? Empty Re: what do you feed?

Post by Me and Star Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:18 pm

I had been feeding science diet Healthy Longevity,but found there wasn't enough joint supplements to help my Mini Pin. so we did the 28 day challenge with Purina One Chicken and Rice formula. Boy what a difference! Star has more energy as well as my Mini Pin/Chi mix. I know there is better, but this is the best I can afford for my boys.
They also get Zuke's Peanut butter training treats. Walks every day, even in the rain and lots of love.

Me and Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacquie Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Teeko will be 2 next month and he's been on primal and Stell & Chewy for over a year. He's doing really good on it. The white part of his fur has a pearly sheen to it. He was on Fromm before we switched to raw. If I went back to kibble it woulfd be Fromm.
Jacquie
Jacquie

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiu©Xiu Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:41 pm

My kids were on Fromm(game bird) when we first started searching for good quality food. It was recommended by someone on Dogfoodadvisor.com. I think it is a great product for small size dogs and they loved the size of their kibbles and taste. 

I put my kids on a variety diet and we went through many brands of kibbles in less than 6mths. When we first got my boy he was on Diamond rice and lamb by the breeder, but he wasn't eating it at all just nibble here and there. So we tried Canidae with the same results even mixed with wet food. Origen was rated the best food and it was the most expensive food that I had purchased, so you would think he would like it, but NOPE! Origen kibbles size is really huge, at one point he thought the kibble was gonna attack him. So all of that all went down the drain as well. We also tried their raw freeze dried, both my kids didn't like it as much as the other raw diet but they did manage to eat it anyway.

Right now the majority of their diet consist of raw dehydrated/freeze dried. Twice a week they get cooked homemade meals. And these are what they are being fed for breakfast/dinner:

Sojos 
Stella and Chewy
Primal
Vital essential raw diet nipplets
ZiwiPeak 

We use kibble maybe once or twice a week and right now they are on Wellsness Core, we are at about 1/4 left in the bag and they are starting to rejecting it. Merrick is another product they also seem to like as well. I just recently got Annamaet delivered, it seems to have a really high rating.

They reject all can products. The only wet food they'll eat is Nature variety, they love all the flavors, it's packed in small tubs for each meal per serving they get that occasionally as well.

They're being fed like this for a little over 4 months now. They seem to be pretty healthy and poop is always consistent. My reasons for doing it like this is because we move and travel alot, so we might not have access to the food that they normally get, but this way it'll be an easy transition for them with no worries of upsetting their stomach. And I believe that variety will give them a well balanced diet and it's really boring being fed the same thing for years. Would you eat the same meal everyday?
Xiu©Xiu
Xiu©Xiu
Admin

https://jchinshangout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maryj Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am

thanks for the replies those are great foods you all mentioned -- i tried the stella and chewy but one of my girls got very sick (she was older) and my vet told me not to feed faw to her so i stopped... i agree i wouldn't want to eat the same thing every day either... i do switch it up a bit w/the canned my favorites for them are halo, fromm shredded canned and merrick... I also switch between fromm salmon ale veg and pork and applesauce dry

maryj

Back to top Go down

Post by maryj Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:42 am

I want to add that Purina one is a a pretty good food --- it is the only dry food one of my cats will eat and i tried everything...

maryj

Back to top Go down

Post by gloria2kids Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:17 am

Hi..
I make my own foods and include some raw. The teeth are lovely and white and coats in nice condition.
My vet has Purina in stock and I use it as a standby. It doesn't make the dogs loose.
I have not heard of Fromm here
I have had Royal Canin from time to time but for what it is, there seems no marked difference. Eukanuba seems a bit better..
gloria2kids
gloria2kids

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleChins Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:01 am

Hi All,
I feed my dog Natures Variety Instinct Raw Boost in the Venison and Lamb Meal Formula dry kibble and occasionally the moist food too. Plus, I also cook for him a dinner of turkey, sweet potatoes and peas. He recently switched back to eating lamb chops instead of the turkey. My dog Kobe has very severe allergies and is highly allergic to chicken hence the venison, turkey or lamb. He is also probably the most picky eater in the world and gets bored very easily after eating the same thing for a while, which is why I recently switched him back to the lamb.

DoubleChins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum